Below are some of the most intriguing, thought-provoking and actionable performance-related content pieces I read, watched or listened to this week. Four links and descriptions:
- Mindsets: Optimism vs. Complacency vs. Pessimism
“A real optimist wakes up every morning knowing lots of stuff is broken, and more stuff is about to break. Big stuff. Important stuff. Stuff that will make his life miserable. He’s an optimist because he knows all this stuff does not preclude eventual growth and improvement.”
- On the Value of Getting Comfortable Being Uncomfortable
Cody gave an amazing speech at University of Colorado. Click the image below to view on YouTube.
- Version 1.0 of YOU is built by external factors and molded by the past: culture, traditional, family, friends, etc. Version 2.0 is something that you are capable of making and molding to the environment you see today, in the present.
- Anything that you do in life to become the “Version 2.0” of YOU is just magnifying your core. So if you are not willing to change your core and engage with it you are setting yourself up to just me more of the same.
- In being uncomfortable, you push the limits of Self
- Pick the Statistic You Want to Be
“If you want to make luck happen, you don’t quit. One way to beat the odds is to personalize them. By changing or eliminating certain risk factors you can change your chances, or luck. You could end up being surprised by outcomes beyond what you originally considered.”
- On Finding Happiness Through Creating Life Strategies
“The stress of building the life you’ve been told you deserve, and are capable of, takes a toll. Take note of the things that give you joy and satisfaction, and start investing in those things.”
As always, follow my Legacy Mentor feed on Instagram for daily quotes, book and product reviews, and knowledge bombs. www.instagram.com/legacymentorofficial
This post originally appeared at www.damondamore.com