Big thanks to SHOUTOUT LA Magazine for this interview.
Episode #104 – Cultivating Resilience and Manifesting Your Legacy:
1 – Learn more about the ups and downs of career transitions and how to overcome impostor syndrome.
2 – Learn how to cultivate a resilient mindset.
3 – Learn how to manifest your vision and legacy.
* How to Do the Things You Keep Avoiding: “Tasks you’re avoiding never leave your consciousness for long. They hang there like clouds, some distance away, watching you.”
* Solve Problems Before They Happen: “It’s worth asking why, if we think something is worth saving, we don’t put more effort into protecting it ahead of time.”
* Best Story Wins: “Not who has the best idea, or the right answer. Just whoever tells a story that catches people’s attention and gets them to nod their heads.”
* On Regret: “We all have joys, hopes, fears, and longings that never go away no matter how old we get.”
* How To Be Angry: “At its core, your anger is telling you that there’s a problem. One way to productively express it is to use the energy it provides to solve that problem.”
* The Days Are Long But The Decades Are Short: “A friend asked me if I’d figured out any life advice in the past decade worth passing on.”
* The High Price Of Mistrust: “Right now, polarization and social distancing have forced us apart from any sense of community to a degree that can seem irresolvable.”
My pal Katie Horwitch just launched The WANT Community, an amazing new network dedicated to empowering women across all domains.
I am excited to present the following webinar with Kate Eckman for Columbia Business School alumni and the folks at Marengo.
The three biggest mistakes I see made when setting goals are: 1. Individuals lack proper motivation to do the work necessary because they think of outcomes in terms of accomplishing their goals instead of the consequences of not accomplishing them. 2. Lack of defined filters to determine if a goal is in fact a goal … Read more
* Why You Should Practice Failure:
“How many of us make deliberate mistakes? How often do we try to fail in order to learn from it?”
* On Cultivating and Sustaining Love:
“Love is losing yourself in the process of caring about and showing undivided attention to someone or something, through ups and downs. It’s as simple and as hard as that.”
* On Planning For The Ups and Downs of Happiness
“There are time when all the lies you have told yourself about yourself just fall away.”
*Clean the Tiles – Not the Floor:
“The real pain of many tasks is psychological, arising from the way the mind processes them, not so much from the actions that constitute the tasks themselves.”
I’ll be co-hosting a webinar next week for Columbia Business School alumni in Austin, TX!
Topics will be:
* Crystallizing goals that are measurable and actionable
* Defining and accepting tradeoffs in service of those goals
* Creating a life that you love
* We Are What We Remember:
“Which of our memories are true and which are not is something we may never know. It doesn’t change who we are.”
* On Self Doubt:
“Our self-doubt is the inverse manifestation of our artistic dream. The greater the one, the greater the other.”
* How Long To Form A Habit?:
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
* Luck Relative To Hard Work:
“Absolute success is luck. Relative success is hard work.”